Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1AqsJfoOw

Monday, March 15, 2010

The Big 3-5!

I love birthdays...even my own :) I know that I'm not getting any younger, and things aren't quite in the same place as when I was 25. ha! BUT...when I was 25 I was teaching, single, and had just broken up with my boyfriend. I don't know what I did to celebrate my birthday that year (in my old age I guess I've forgotten). This year I spent it having a play date in the morning and by that evening had 1/2 a glass of wine and fell asleep to Golden Girls :) I have to tell you though-35 is so much better than 25. The boyfriend that broke up with me ended up marrying me and giving me 2 precious kids. A lot can happen in 10 years, and I have so much to be thankful for. Here are a few things that cause me to give thanks:

Clark and Briggs in the sandbox
sweet Annie B
Scarlett, Beck and Henry in the fort
yummy cake my sister made for me
Jaime and me

some of my birthday gifts
the darling necklace Jaime MADE for me
date night with Brody
Clark trying to sing happy birthday to me
(he sings with food in his mouth so don't watch it if you get grossed out easily-ha!)
(and..Scarlett told him to call me "aunt Jill". I guess they were still singing it like they did when the boys were here)

4 comments:

Ben said...

Be careful today…you never know when your hip may go out. Did Brody buy you any orthopedic shoes? I hope your birthday cake was soft to chew and gentle on your stomach. Now go watch your stories and grab another afghan if you get chilly.

mimi47 said...

I remember the day your were born almost like it was yesterday. What a blessing you are to me and your Dad. Life would not have been the same without you! We love you!!!

Katie said...

Happy birthday!, Aunt Jill! That video put a smile on my face. Clark is precious.

Gena said...

I love that you went to bed watching Golden Girls. That is so funny. Happy late birthday!