Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1AqsJfoOw

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Big Boy

Yesterday was a big day for my little guy. Preschool!!! Actually, it's just Mother's Day Out and he still has two more years until he's in the Pre-K class, but he calls it Preschool. Clark is a bit of a mama's boy and sometimes still cries when I drop him off at Bible Class so I was a little nervous about how he would do.

But because my kids like proving me wrong all the time, he was SO excited to go. He had been asking every day when it was his turn to go to preschool and when it was open. He woke up knowing today was the day!

It wasn't really the best day to get out and about because tropical storm Hermine happened to blow in right about the time we were heading out the door, but Clark didn't seem to mind. He did keep telling me to drive faster and hurry to preschool. haha

When we got there, one little boy was really missing his mommy and screaming at the top of his lungs. I thought for sure it would make Clark cry too, but all it seemed to do was cause him to stare open mouthed at the crying kid. After one more goodbye kiss we were off. I made Brody stand by the door and spy for a while, and when we were certain there would be no tears we left. I was FREE!! Ha! I cry for kinder, but Mother's Day Out is a treat and something I really feel like Clark needs so I didn't get weepy at all...I'm sure it helped that I knew he was fine.

As I got to the school to pick him up, I heard a weird siren going off. I was afraid there was a tornado around or something so I ran in the building, but apparently the power kept going off which set off their fire alarms. Lots of poor babies were beside themselves in the dark screaming for their mama's, but my guy was sound asleep. We had a trial run one time at home with him sleeping on his nap mat and it didn't go so well, but shock of all shocks...he took a nap at school AND slept through power outages and sirens. I guess he already feels right at home there :)

No comments: