Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1AqsJfoOw

Friday, June 12, 2009

Fun Food Friday

My sister in law Maegan has started Fun Food Friday where you share a recipe. I have been in a bit of a blog funk lately...mainly because how many pictures do you really want to see of the kids at the pool? Please don't answer that...it's honestly all I think I will be posting this summer so I'm going to pretend that the 10 or 2 people that read the blog will be fascinated with my two cuties in floaties.

I do actually have a post ready about my fun Tuesday night when I got to see my college friend Stacy and her family, but since I need Brody to help me scan a picture of us from our college days, (and before I post it let me remind you it was the early 90's and head to toe denim was actually "in")I'm having to wait a little longer.

So...here's my recipe for this Fun Food Friday. It's called Key Lime Pie and it's a Weight Watchers recipe. 

Key Lime Pie (makes 8 servings; 3 points per serving)
*1 box (0.3 oz) sugar free lime flavor gelatin
1/4 cup boiling water
2 containers (8oz each) key lime pie flavor light yogurt
1 container (8oz) frozen fat free whipped topping, thawed
1 prepared 9" reduced fat graham cracker pie crust (I can NEVER find the reduced fat, so I just buy the regular one)

1. In large heat resistant bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. With wire whisk, stir in yogurt; with wooden spoon, fold in whipped topping.

2. Transfer mixture to prepared crust; refrigerate overnight, or at least 2 hours.

** You don't have to use key lime. As long as you get the same flavor of gelatin as yogurt, you can make any flavor. For the Fourth of July it would be fun to do a strawberry flavor with some blueberries sprinkled on top, or blueberry flavor with strawberries on top...limitless possibilities! :)
Enjoy!!

3 comments:

Maegan said...

I love that pie! The strawberry one is good, too. And I love all the pics of the kiddos!!

Jcbaron99 said...

Looks yummy! And I definitely need to be eating some weight watchers recipes!
I love floatie kid pics! Bring em' on!

Vicki said...

I love this pie too! Even the kids eat it and dont' care that it's "Weight Watchers". Luckily, we always have the reduced fat crusts around here. I never really thought about doing the different flavors, so thanks for the tip!!