Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1AqsJfoOw

Friday, June 15, 2007

Father's Day

Brody knows that I write a blog, but I don't think he's ever read it. Hopefully, if he reads this one he won't be too embarrassed. In honor of Father's Day, here are 10 reasons Brody is a great dad ( in no particular order):

1. Strong faith: He knows that God will always take care of us in any situation

2. Self- confidence: I really hope that Scarlett inherits this from him...he's not ashamed to say that he loves smooth jazz (gag!), and could care less where I buy his clothes

3. Funny: He's quiet, but has a great sense of humor once you get to know him

4. Friendly: He is nice to everyone he meets, and has the ability to find something in common with just about anyone

5. Positive: I cannot remember the last time he said something bad about someone

6. Hard worker: He never complains about his long hours

7. Loving: Brody is never embarrassed to hold my hand or give me (or Scarlett) a kiss or a hug

8. Honest: That one kind of speaks for itself

9. Responsible: He provides for us financially, and takes all of his jobs, at work and church seriously

10. Playful: Scarlett loves hearing the garage door open in the evening because she knows her "fun" playmate is home!

Of course, as I read that list, I notice that my dad has those same qualities...I really lucked out in the dad/husband department. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

6 comments:

Marta said...

What a sweet post! How are Jaime and the new baby doing?

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Brody is great! He was an answer to many prayers, I am sure.

Scarlett is really going to have high standards for her hubby with the great dad and grandpa she has.

Happy Father's Day, Brody!

Jill said...

Hey Marta,
Jaime and the baby are well. I don't know if you have any details yet, but his name is Briggs Jace and he weighed 7lbs. 3oz.
He had reflux, so he had to stay one extra night in the hospital, but luckily, they got to take him home the next day. Hopefully, Jaime will be up to posting pics soon...he's a cutie :)

Anonymous said...

Awwww...so sweet!

SS said...

What a blessing...I feel the same way about my husband. On another note, if Jaime has to give her baby formula, the Enfamil Lipil AR works wonders. Ryder had terrible reflux and slept in a special bed for 6 months. I supplemented formula with breast milk and that was the only kind that worked.

Jaime said...

Brody is the perfect man for you. There is no doubt about that!!! We are all glad that he is a part of our family! (Thanks Suzanne for the tip. I will keep that in mind. What medicines did Ryder take?)