Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1AqsJfoOw

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

10 Reasons I Love Summer!

OK, so I know that summer does not officially start until June 21st, but I guess the old teacher in me equates school ending with summer starting. So, here are 10 reasons I love summer:

10. Baseball - it's always been a family favorite and brings back fond memories
9. More daylight - I love long summer days...there just seems to be so much to do
8. More time with family - we get together more for outdoor grilling and hanging out by the pool
7. Swimming - I have loved swimming and being around water ever since I was little
6. Fresh fruit - maybe that's a pregnancy thing, but I am SO excited about good watermelon :)
5. Ice Cream - yet another pregnancy thing, but I do feel justified eating more ice cream when it's 100 degress outside!
4. Less germs - OK, I don't really know if that's true, and I probably just jinxed myself, but I do find that we get sick less in the summer, which makes a germaphobe like me happy.
3. Scarlett's Birthday - there are actually a LOT of summer birthdays...both family and friends
2. The New Baby - I never thought I would have 2 summer babies, but it's just God's way of giving me one more reason to love the summer
1. Brody is home more!!- his schedule is more flexible in the summer, and he gets home earlier most of the time which is such a blessing!

So...those are just 10 reasons I love this season...I'd love to hear your favorites!

6 comments:

myra said...

I love summer because it's brighter and people seem more relaxed and happier. Also I loved, loved, loved getting to go to church camp in the summer. I miss it. I can't wait 'til Morgandy's old enough to go so I can start going again!

Jaime said...

I love summer too. I love the pool time, but hate the stinging bugs...I guess you can't have one without the other. I mostly love the more relaxed feeling everyone has. So, I forgot to ask about your vacuum...what happened with it? Did it work when Brody picked it up?

Julie said...

I love summer because of swimming and fresh fruit! The extra daylight is nice, too. I just wish it didn't get SO hot!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Although summer is not my favorite time of year (especially in San Antonio), here's what I like...

I like good old traditional food you find at a BBQ like baked beans, potato salad, and almost anything with BBQ sauce slathered on it. I also like summer storms, fireflies/lightning bugs, and waking up early to natural light.

Sarah J. said...

Hi, Jill~

I just saw your comment. I never know whether I should reply on my blog or yours, so I'll put something on both.

Anyway, I would love to take pictures for you. I still mainly do it as a hobby, but I really enjoy taking pictures for friends. I can't do it as a business right now because I just don't have enough free time. But I love to do it when I can. You can email me at sarahjones55@msn.com, if you want to discuss it some more.

It's great to hear from you! I hope everything is going well!

Sarah J.

realitymomma said...

hey, jill. yes, kirk is related to the bentons. what church do go to, so i know which ones it is. wait - wade and suzy, is that them? we just saw them this past weekend. what a really small world.

love the summer posting. and they should change the calendar, b/c yes, summer begins at the end of school. my favorite things is walking out in the evening and the sky full of stars and there is a slight breeze and just freezing that moment and taking in a deep breath of fresh air. i love all the reasons you do!

have a great summer, and maybe i will get to see you sometime. my sister is moving to sa and so we will be in the area often.